Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Best Dressed Wedding Guest: Evening Ceremony

nighttime wedding guest outfit
Dress: Francesca's
Tank top: thrifted
Tights: Forever 21
Boots: UrbanOG
Bangle: thrifted
Rings: thrifted, Forever 21

I actually planned two dresses for the ceremony: this teal number from Francesca's, and a more va-va-voom red v-neck dress. Saturday's cooler temperatures made the decision for me. While the red dress is beautiful, it needed strappy heels to achieve full 1940s dame status. But I was happy for the opportunity to top this paint splashy teal dress with some colorful accessories... even more so to pair it with these bright (yet killer comfortable) boots. (View the dress in its full glory in this post.)

I layered the orange tank underneath to make the one-shoulder more conservative. All in all, I feel like I made the right choice. I was comfortable for the entire eight hours from pre-ceremony to end of the reception. More importantly, I didn't feel like I washed into the sea of black dresses and suit jackets.



Don't forget to check out my rehearsal dinner look, and come back tomorrow to see what I wore for the  post-wedding brunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...