Saturday, March 1, 2014

St. Louis Thrift Finds: Quintessential Antiques, a True Hidden Treasure

hands Quintessential Antiques



Quintessential Antiques (5707 Manchester Ave.) is one of the great hidden treasures of the antiques world in St. Louis. I found it while out shopping with my mom and sister for my birthday last year. The people at the nearby Green Shag Market mentioned it on our way out, with this caveat: the store is only open the first seven days of each month! (One Yelper nailed their elusiveness on the head by dubbing the store 'Brigadoon Antiques!' I wish I were that clever.)

Unless someone told you about it, or you happened to see the semi-washed out 'antiques' sign posted up on the second floor, you'd never know the building was occupied. The inside is a mecca of 'shabby chic' decor, and features many large items items that wouldn't fit in your average store (they have a truck bay on the side of their building). Sometimes the items can venture from cute into creepy, as evidenced by this display of porcelain hands. I kept expecting a disembodied scream of, 'Mommy! Mommy!' (Kidding. Sort of.)

If you dig antiques, it's definitely worth a browse. They also operate an Etsy store for those who aren't able to make it in the first week of the month.


About "St. Louis Thrift Finds": While this blog is primarily dedicated to personal style and ways bust forms are used for decoration, I am an avid thrifter/antiquer/junk sifter. Sometimes, I scoop up the treasures I find. Other times, I simply want to share them with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...