Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Best Dressed Wedding Guest: Rehearsal Dinner

wedding rehearsal dinner dress
Necklace: stolen from my mom
Belt: thrifted
Bracelets: some thrifted, some purchased at Paisley on Main in Glen Ellyn, Ill.
Silver ring: purchased at Belleville Flea Market
Wedges: UrbanOG


I'll be 26 this year, which means I've had to attend a couple dozen weddings lately. As fun as they are, especially 'lively' celebrations with two or more events tend to sap any other weekend free time. To remedy this, I plan outfits ahead. I thought I'd take the next few days to show y'all how I tackled each event at the most recent wedding I attended.

The rehearsal dinner was 'formal, but not too fancy.' I found this dress at the Ross Dress for Less in Sunset Hills. It fits the typical bill for dresses I fall in love with: colorful with a bold pattern, a heavier fabric that will transition from season to season, and a simple silhouette (so I can wear it for everyday occasions, too). The only hitch: the dress came with these strings running across the collar that changed the whole character of the dress. Singer scissors to the rescue!

Since the weather was warm and dinner was at a classy joint (Kemoll's in downtown St. Louis), I decided to see how I'd fare in a pair of wedges. It's not so bad if you sit half the time! My boyfriend wasn't so crazy about them, though. They gave me four inches on him!



Check back on Wednesday and Thursday to view my reception and post-wedding brunch outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...