Monday, March 31, 2014

Keep It Simple, Stupid: Retro Button-Down

retro button-down

retro button-down

retro button-down hummingbird necklace
Blouses: thrifted, Value Village
Skirt: Old Navy, thrifted at Value Village
Hummingbird necklace: hand-me-down


I was the retro collared shirt queen in high school, thanks to weekly visits to the nearby Salvation Army store. When I went away to college I set them aside in favor of more mix-and-matchable items, not knowing my mom would throw the reserves away. Every day I miss those crazy patterned shirts! And every visit to the thrift store, I try to restore my polyester blouse stash to its once-great glory.

One of the elements that has always drawn me to these types of shirts is that they're so loud, they don't need much accessorizing. I have a feeling this shirt and skirt combo is going to be in constant rotation this spring and summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...