Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Style I Envy: My 6 Favorite "Pretty Little Liars" Fashions from Season 4

The following is a warning to my readers who come here for the thrifted goodies and dress form inspirations: come back tomorrow! I'm about to geek out about my guilty pleasure.

"Pretty Little Liars" ended their latest season last night, leaving us two and a half months to wonder whether a major character will outlive his bullet wound, who buried another character's mom, and the identity (and killer!) of the blonde girl sitting in Ali's coffin this past few years. (Why do non-fans get confused when they hear about this show, again?...)

One random thought that usually occurs to me while watching PLL: "Man, I dress like a schlub."

I constantly wonder if other viewers of the show find the fashion as perplexing as I do. I played around with my style in high school, but my "dressed up" didn't look like this. First, I wouldn't be able to get through an entire school day in heels. Second, my closet didn't magically replenish itself with new items so I never had to repeat an outfit. And there's no way any of these clothes come from thrift stores!

But that's their game, right?--to swallow viewers in a fantasy where teen girls have gargantuan dream closets? So here I am surrendering to the fantasy. These are my favorite, totally enviable looks from season 4 (excluding ones from the noir-themed "Shadow Play," which I re-hashed in this post):


1. Aria's printed dress, episode 17, "Bite Your Tongue"
aria montgomery pretty little liars topshop dress
I wasn't a huge fan of the styling of the outfit in the episode, but the pattern on this Topshop dress is just fantastic.



2. Hanna's dress, episode 14, "Who's in the Box?"
pretty little liars season 4


3. Spencer's cape, episode 15, "Love ShAck, Baby"
pretty little liars season 4
I could leave the suspenders, though.


4. Emily's jacket, episode 16, "Close Encounters"
pretty little liars emily fields

I joke that Emily has two fashion modes: athletic lesbian, and lesbian out on the town (which always seems to include a moto jacket). But all joking aside, she always looks badass and this is a fantastic jacket.


5. Hanna's outfit details, episode 10, "The Mirror Has Three Faces"hanna marin pretty little liars
This is fairly subdued for a Hanna outfit, but a great mix of accessories. What I find hysterical is that it's even more conservative than any of the dresses the girls wore to Officer Wilden's funeral in the season opener.


6. Spencer's sleuthing outfit, episode 6, "Under the Gun"
spencer hastings pretty little liars ravenswood



What were your favorite Liars' looks from this season?

2 comments:

  1. That dress was the only thing I liked of Aria's all season!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...