Friday, March 14, 2014

St. Louis Thrift Finds: Pet Ghosts at Treasure Aisles Antique Mall

pet ghost vintage toy

One of my favorite items to 'check in on' when I'm out antiquing is this pet ghost bottle, tucked among other vintage and not-so-vintage toys at Treasure Aisles Antique Mall (2317 S. Big Bend).

It's adorable in theory--an imaginary friend that's a ghost! Your own personal Casper! And quite frankly, it's a genius toy marketing gimmick... all you have to produce is the box! As a 25-year-old I think it would be a pretty hysterical gift to receive, but at 10 years old, this probably would have horrified me (and not in the good, paranormal way).

It turns out this toy falls into the category of 'no so vintage.' From far away it could pass as a relic from the early 1900's, when you pick it up, you can almost feel the flimsiness of the plastic. According to Laughing Squid, My Pet Ghost is a light-up toy manufactured for Hallmark in 2012!

But I like to think their occupants have old souls.



About "St. Louis Thrift Finds": While this blog is primarily dedicated to personal style and ways bust forms are used for decoration, I am an avid thrifter/antiquer/junk sifter. Sometimes, I scoop up the treasures I find. Other times, I simply want to share them with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...