Thursday, February 13, 2014

Style I Envy: My 5 Favorite Noir-Themed Fashions from Pretty Little Liars' "Shadow Play"

While most people are happy to look forward to the Superbowl or a new season of "Keeping Up With the Kardashians," I wait with baited breath for "Pretty Little Liars" on Tuesday nights. It's my ultra-guilty pleasure, the show I watch when I don't want to think (but also want to attempt to solve a really complex, senseless mystery about high school girls).

Since this is a style blog, I won't digress into the complicated relationship that has become my love for the show. I will, however, share some superb vintage looks from this week's noir episode, "Shadow Play." The girls travel back in time during Spencer's (Troian Bellisario) speed-induced hallucination where she attempts to... you know what? You can just view the looks.

These are my favorites, in no particular order.


1. Emily's (Shay Mitchell) hair


I think this show just gave me a reason to learn how to style my hair!


2. Likewise, Emily's sparkly dress and bold necklace combo

The cheetah print also brings out her sauciness.


3. Spencer's nightgown

Since this is a theme episode I'll look past the fact that no 17-year-old has need for such a sultry night look, but this gown is the bee's knees. It's easily the most glamorous look in the whole episode, and one that makes this 25-year-old question why she doesn't own any big girl nightgowns.


4. Hanna's polka-dot blouse (in color!)

From the footage of the show, I would have guessed the dots were red! I think it's a great color combination that would transcend just fine to the 2010's.


5. Embroidered details on Paige's dress

I didn't care much for this look when I saw it on camera (something about the movement, I guess), but it's one of my favorites now that I've seen a still of it. The scalloping on the sleeves is just adorable!



Are you a PLL fan? Tell me which "Shadow Play" look you liked best! Or check out my favorite looks from Remy Beaumont of 'Ravenswood.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...