Monday, February 24, 2014

My Very First Anthropologie Purchase, a.k.a. Sequins Galore

 
Sequined tank: Anthropologie (clearance)
Cardigan: thrited
Necklace: flea market find
Skirt: thrifted, Value Village


Confession: ever since high school, I've dreamed of a 'grown-up' life that involved a closet full of Anthropologie frocks. I've always been attracted to their aesthetic--like browsing a thrift store stocked only with cute clothing. The high quality and attention to detail exude an air of 'Hellooooooo adulthood, I'm sophisticated and fun.' It would be a signal that I was successful at ladyhood, or something. Unfortunately, I've always been super cheap. Even with a full-time job I can't bring myself to spend certain amounts on dresses--even when they're really, really, really, really cute.

It wasn't until this past fall that I purchased my first piece of clothing from the store. (It was on clearance.) Let me state now for clarification that I am not a sequin girl, but the little splashes of teal, periwinkle and deep pink in the zigzags make it more kooky and wearable. I've been having a hard time so far finding places to wear it. The sequins add that something 'extra' that, to me, doesn't feel appropriate for the office or going to a movie. These are my attempts to style the sequins for casual situations.

How do you style sequined tops?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...