Friday, February 21, 2014

St. Louis Thrift Finds: Silver Rings and Retro Beaded Necklaces From the Belleville Flea Market

antique carved silver ring 


green retro beads Widmer Brothers beer


I guess you could call my second excursion to the Belleville Flea Market a smashing success. I met one vendor who scours garage and estate sales for vintage jewelry and sells it dirt cheap. Not only did I leave with 14 necklaces (at $1 each!), but he was really helpful in pulling other pieces that complimented my style. He even spent a few minutes untangling necklaces for me! Most of my choices this time around ended up being in the green and blue families, and I really dig how they happen to match my Alchemy Ale.

But the pièce de résistance was this silver ring. Not only is it large enough to fit on fingers other than my pinky (a tall order, I've found), but the carving details is gorgeous. Over the past week I've been formulating legends in my head about this beautiful goddess, and how she became entrapped inside a ring.

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram for previews of upcoming thrift finds!



About "St. Louis Thrift Finds": While this blog is primarily dedicated to personal style and ways bust forms are used for decoration, I am an avid thrifter/antiquer/junk sifter. Sometimes, I scoop up the treasures I find. Other times, I simply want to share them with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...