Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Sometimes, a Shirt Is Meant to Be Worn Backwards

Blouse: thrifted, Value Village
Wrap skirt: thrifted (???)
Purse: Nine West (old)
Beaded bracelet: purchased the Renegade Craft Fair in Chicago, Ill.
Silver bangle: hand-me-down
Yellow bracelets: Paisley on Main in Glen Ellyn, Ill.
Wedges: Target


Confession: this shirt is styled backwards. When I picked it out of the rack during my goodbye jaunt to the Shrewsbury Value Village, it appeared to be a white button-down with an embellishment on the back. It even has detailing on the elbows. Sweet, I thought, somehow different that the other five white button-downs I own. When I got in the dressing room it became apparent I was wrong about front versus back. Still, I much prefer the buttons in the front. I think this is a great shirt for days you're slumming it hairstyle-wise. Who will care if your messy bun goes unwashed when they are distracted by the embroidery?

Here's a close-up of the embroidery detail:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...