Friday, February 7, 2014

Date Night Outfits: Taking a Summer Dress Into Winter for Valentine's Day

Dress: Francesca's
Red turtleneck: Zara
Boots: T.J. Maxx

During her last visit to St. Louis, my best friend Aly dared me to start wearing this dress on everyday occasions. I bought it a year and a half ago during a BOGO sale at Francesca's. The tribal print is just enchanting.

It's a perfectly feminine and casual dress to wear during the summer. It also looks sassy with a black blazer (I have one with a cheetah print lining I like to pair with it). The keyhole made it problematic for any work functions, but I think this strikes a compromise. I think it would also work well for a low-key Valentine's Day dinner. I'm still undecided whether I like the combination of pink and red together in an outfit, but the other colors here (particularly the purple) help keep it all in balance.

Bonus: while light, this Zara turtleneck is super warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...