Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Dressing Without Jewelry: Making the Most of My Scarves (1.0)

geometric print skirt vintage scarft
Shirt: H&M
Sandals: Target
Skirt and scarf: thrifted


Last month while organizing my closet I realized just how many scarves I own... and how seldom I use them. So I proposed a challenge to myself: wear them with flair! I started to think about why I wasn't wearing them, and came to two conclusions: because I don't look très chic in a turban, and because I own so much damn jewelry that I wonder if I'd be overloading on accessories. I decided to scrap the jewelry for a few days. Figuring out ways to style the scarves wasn't very hard (see: Pinterest), but I realized the best way for me to show off the amazing prints on them was to don the simple (albeit, kinda boring) cowboy scarf.

Well, guess what? I love the cowboy scarf styling now. I have been living in this outfit at the office, as well as a version with a tank top outside of the office, for weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...