Monday, August 25, 2014

Dressing Without Jewelry: Making the Most of My Scarves (3.0)

vintage floral scarf thrift geometric skirt forever 21
Shirt and shoes: Forever 21
Skirt and scarf: thrifted

The first two looks in my 'dressing without jewelry' series relied on a monochromatic base outfit--black tee and black graphic print skirt. Pairing this floral scarf over the black ensemble felt a little too dark to me (I've yet to toss out my 'no black on black on black' clothing rule), so I switched it out for a bell-sleeved, three-quarter blouse from my Forever 21 sales associate days.

The scarf, a treasure from the Goodwill store in my hometown, was an attempted 'strategic' purchase. Do you ever notice you buy too much of one thing? I have been trying to curb my addiction to prints. I figure if I at least make sure the prints are in colors that are easy to coordinate with the rest of my wardrobe (in this case, red, blue, green and purple), I can pretend I'm being versatile. Then again, maybe I am. This geometric skirt has gotten a heck of a lot of mileage this summer!



See my previous 'dressing without jewelry' posts: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...