Thursday, August 28, 2014

Tribal Shirt With Vintage Brooches, Gold Accents

thrift tribal shirt target jeans and wedges
vintage pins brooches tribal shirt
Shirt: thrifted
Jeans and wedges: Target
Watch and leather cuff: gifts
Doll pin: hand-me-down
Green and gold brooch: thrifted


It's way too hot here in St. Louis for clothing with sleeves (or pant legs!), so my dress form gets to wear my dream outfit du jour. The inspiration for the ensemble started with the two brooches. The doll pin was my mom's when she was a kid, and then stayed pinned to a lamp in my grandmother's bedroom for about 20 years before I had the courage to swipe it. My mom hates that I have it. The only reason it remains in my possession is because she can't make an argument for wearing it anymore. I found the Oriental-inspired brooch a few months ago at the Belleville Flea Market. They've become one of my favorite new accessory pairings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...