Sunday, August 24, 2014

Fine Form Road Trip: Regal Vintage, Southwestern-Influenced Airbnb Digs in Denver

denver airbnb hipster highlands bison skull decoration

denver airbnb hipster highlands bust hand decoration


I spent the past week in Denver with my boyfriend, and had to share my excitement over some of the cool bust and hand decorations that occupied the Airbnb house where we stayed! Dubbed the "Hipster Highlands Victorian," the home was filled with mid-century furniture and quirky knick-knacks--most with a Southwestern or mystical vibe.

The styling--vintage Victorian home with sleek, more modern decor--reminded me that sometimes mixing influences can create a very memorable look. Perusing Airbnb listings, I was immediately struck by the bison skull with beaded headdress situated above the piano in the dining room area. The addition of the Moroccan rugs made the room eclectic, instead of screaming, "Cowboy kitsch!" (Missing from the piano photo is an extremely comfortable leather pouf for sitting that's cuter than any bean bag chair could hope to be.) I often find abiding by a 'theme' while dressing or decorating, and while that theme changes often, I hope I remember in the future to experiment in combining elements from different aesthetics to create something new.

The trip was chock full of exploring the mountains but very little shopping. I made a point to take a jaunt down Broadway to see for myself the barrage of antique and thrift stores. I did duck into Regal Vintage (1866 S. Broadway) for an eyeful of psychedelic prints and funky sunglasses. The store offered a little bit of every decade, making it a great store for browsing. (They even had a wagon of $2 tees out front for those of us who have to stay vintage on a budget.) My favorite feature: this crazy fuzzy guy greeting customers while rocking a blue zebra tie.


Regal Vintage Denver storefront

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...