Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Most Pinned: Nostalgia for the Polly Pocket Rings of the 90s


"Most Pinned" highlights some of my most popular Pinterest pins, including these Polly Pocket rings. Follow me at pinterest.com/karlieb!


One of the completely selfish reasons I keep this blog is to catalog the clothes I own. With as often as I cycle out thrifted pieces, many have come and gone with virtually no physical evidence of their presence in my life. It probably sounds dramatic to say I regret that I didn't keep better record of them, but I do.

Other items I simply wish I'd kept. There was no way of knowing when I was four years old that I should have hoarded away--or at the very least, kept track of the pieces to--my collection of Polly Pocket rings. I get so mad when I see Polly Pocket products now, because I loved the old size and my nostalgic 90s kid heart doesn't believe their design needed to evolve. They really weren't that bad of a choking hazard! I wish my 9-year-old sister could know the joys of convenient, truly pocket-sized play, because I still have such good memories of some of my Polly houses (a tree house in particular that opened at three different levels and even had an escape chute coming out the trunk!). I prized the pink car because it shuttled the little dolls from house to house. Though I don't remember owning the throne, I have a distinct memory of playing with the gold-clad queen it came with. I might have actually used her as a chew toy before my nail-biting habit really grew into itself. If only I'd realized their potential as long-term statement pieces! Who would even want to look at their phones if they could whittle away boredom with one of these babies? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...