Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Layering a Vintage T-Shirt for Sweater Weather

ACDC vintage tee shirt layer sweater thrift psychedelic skirt

ACDC vintage tee shirt layer sweater thrift psychedelic skirt
Shirt: purchased secondhand from Strange Cargo in Chicago
Sweater, skirt: thrifted
Booties: ZiGi Girl from Nordstrom Rack


This psychedelic skirt is one of my latest thrift acquisitions. While I love maxi skirts--and come to think of it, 60s cocktail party-worthy prints--this particular one feels like a departure from my usual style. I decided to keep with the adventurous spirit by dusting off this sweater that I've never worn despite owning it for three years. It neutralizes the bold colors a little. The length and bit of embroidery detail reminds me of Dorothy Zbornak, which is probably why I've kept it all this time. May my mom and I be as sassy when we're old! 

Of course I still had to infuse it with some 'Karlie' with a graphic tee. (Read the tale behind my favorite thrifted shirt.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...