Thursday, January 30, 2014

St. Louis Thrift Finds: Palmistry-Themed Home Accents at The Green Shag Market


One of my favorite antique stores in the St. Louis area is the The Green Shag Market (it was also, consequently, the closest to my first apartment in Dogtown). They have a great selection of mid-century pieces, in addition to quirky tsotchkes that suit almost any taste. (They even have a booth of psychedelic vintage clothing.) It's a great spot to browse on weekend afternoons.

During a recent visit I noticed one booth had several palmistry-themed items, including two of these giant palm reading charts. My only foray into palmistry occurred after reading an ill-advised how-to in a teen magazine in fifth grade. At the time I thought I was being clever--getting ahead of my future. (The folly of the fifth grade mind.) Thankfully I'm happier these days living in the present... although I still really love the look of these charts.


About "St. Louis Thrift Finds": While this blog is primarily dedicated to personal style and ways bust forms are used for decoration, I am an avid thrifter/antiquer/junk sifter. Sometimes, I scoop up the treasures I find. Other times, I simply want to share them with you!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the Green Shag and that palmistry chart is awesome! Welcome to St. Louis! :)
    <3,
    Carmen
    www.therubyzipper.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...