Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Lookalikes: Black and White Florals With a Teal Splash

Teal shirt: thrifted, Value Village (I believe it's the J. Lo brand from Kohl's)
Polka dot button down: hand-me-down

I will be the first to admit this bad habit: with my love for (cheap!) thrift store clothing, it's easy to talk myself into buying "deja vu pieces"--that is to say, they look so similar, they might as well be the same thing. But they're not! (Is this how hoarders start out?..)

These shirts are great for getting dressed on lazy days, because I know outfits that work with one shirt will work with the other. However, I tried to challenge myself to style each shirt in ways that are unique to their style.

Teal button-down: thrifted, Value Village
Circus t-shirt: Target (old)
Shorts: Target (old)
Necklaces: flea market find

Skirt: thrifted
Necklace: thrifted, Goodwill

Tribal shirt: thrifted, Salvation Army
Leather jacket: Forever 21
White ring: found at Belleville (Ill.) Flea Market
Silver bangles: thrifted
Yellow bracelets: bought at Paisley on Main in Glen Ellyn, Ill.
Black bangle: thrifted, Value Village

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...