Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Floral Outfit Cher Horowitz Would Approve Of

Dress: thrifted, Value Village
Blouse, thrifted, Value Village
Belt: thrifted (old)
Boots: Bakers Shoes

While this green dress looks like it came right out of 1996, it's turned out to be a very versatile piece in my wardrobe. It matches most of my cardigans, but here, I tried to find a blouse to layer underneath. The dress/blouse combo reminds me of something a gothic Cher Horowitz would wear; the belt and boots make it mine.

Silver necklace: thrifted, Value Village
Beaded necklace: made by a friend

One of my bigger issues when I get dressed in the morning (warning: 'issue' is a gross exaggeration) is picking out which jewelry to wear. Not because I think I've found the absolute best match, but because I'm lazy. Once I find something that 'works' with a certain piece of clothing, I don't deviate, because it gets me out of the door faster.

Except I've realized that's a terrible attitude to take.

So this year I've resolved myself to lay out a few options ahead of time and pick something new once in a while. This is attempt #1. The first time I wore the above outfit, it was with the chunky silver necklace and navy tights. I felt great, it was comfortable, and more importantly, warm. The second time I wore it, I forced myself to expand my options, and discovered the suede cord necklace on the right gives the outfit a more casual vibe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...