Thursday, September 26, 2013

Graduation Day

Dress: rummage sale find
Sweater: Target
Cummerbund: thrifted
Wedges: Qupid via Urbanog
Bracelets: thrifted

I remember the day I purchased this dress for two reasons. One: it was the morning of my high school graduation. Two: I found it at my favorite annual rummage sale. It was jammed under several layers of sweatshirts, and I just happened to notice a sliver of it as I was tugging my box of goodies up to the cashier.

During high school, I didn't wear dresses. I wore skirts, but nothing high-waisted, and nothing that could be construed as too feminine (everything had to pair with t-shirts). This dress was my first womanly, everyday dress. A true graduation, so to speak.

It's not a hard dress to wear, but it can be hard to accessorize (despite the fact that it coordinates with the entire harvest rainbow). Before the purchase of these tan wedges, I've always paired the dress with black flats. Gold jewelry, if any. I like to keep it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...