Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Once Upon a Bust From: Mixed Prints in Harmony

bustf 
Once upon a time, I babysat a dress form, and it was much more daring than I.

This is another outfit I styled with my best friend, Aly. It was our interpretation of business casual, before either of us had to actually show up somewhere in business casual attire.

If I still owned this shirt today (re-donated), I'd consider this look a little too shazam! for most of the lunches and meetings I attend as a reporter. But I will admit: the ensemble has grown on me in the four-ish years since we conceived it. Back then, I'd yet to fully embrace high-waisted skirts. Rather, I hadn't embraced wearing high-waisted skirts in my proper size. If I bought them, I wore them on my hips (possibly looking more dowdy than I feared). Or I wouldn't tuck the shirt in.

The rich colors won me over, though. I love how the red and gold weave through the two patterns. If that "belt" weren't actually a head scarf--that is to say, if it actually fit around my waistline--I would be sporting that scarf/belt combo weekly.

bustf2

Blouse: thrifted
Skirt: thrifted
Necklace: thrifted
Gold belt: mother's hand-me-down
Scarf (fashioned under belt): thrifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...