Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Two Ways to Wear a Colorful Tribal Print Skirt


styling target tribal print skirt
Skirt: Target / ZZTop tee: thrifted / Cardigan: Target / Button-down: thrifted / Printed blouse: thrifted

Target's BOGO on skirts and shorts the other week yielded some great additions to my closet, including this tribal print skirt. The color combination has been stuck in my mind since styling this outfit with pink, orange and blue touches. I plan on wearing it to the office paired with some simpler shirts (white button-downs, solid navy shirts), but I also wanted to test out some fun, casual looks for my days off. To keep the layers on the first look from getting too lumpy, I actually cut one of my old button-downs into a dickey. The second outfit is meant to be more grab-and-go (and will come in handy starting in May, when the St. Louis heat starts rising for the summer!).

Here's a close-up of the pins on the first look. The "Vintage is the new black" pin was a purchase from St. Louis Vintage Market Days. Don't forget to check out the other treasures I spotted at the market!

vintage is the new black pin
"Vintage is the new black" pin: St. Louis Vintage Market Days / Floral brooch: thrifted


How do you style your tribal print pieces?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...