Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Off the Bust: 6 Ways to Wear Fun, Colorful Tights and Socks With Ankle Booties

I created my Style Rules to outline to readers some of the more concrete do's and don'ts of my wardrobe, except I left out one important guideline: wear fun socks whenever possible!

My habit began when I was a sales associate at F21. Since I was still in college and only had part of my wardrobe with me at school, I relied on different socks and tights to repeat outfits while keeping them fresh. Here I show off some of my fast tricks for styling crazy socks, featuring my slightly-above-the-ankle suede booties from Bakers Shoes. Can you believe I snagged them on a store closing clearance for $30?!



Pull socks over pants or cuff pants to show a peek of color
Socks: Target


Scrunch up cozy socks
scrunch thick socks with booties
Socks: Target


Double up
layer socks
Socks: Target


Play off of contrasting colors
socks and tights contrasting colors
Blue tights: Forever 21 / Purple tights and socks: Target

Layer tights
layering tights
Black tights (underneath): Wal-Mart / Teal tights: Forever 21 / Black fishnets: Nordstrom Rack / Red tights: Target


Layer tights with patterned socks 
patterned tights over socks
Black tights: Wal-Mart / Gray and black stripes socks (both pairs): stolen from mom / Pink tights: Forever 21 / Purple socks: Target

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...