Thursday, September 4, 2014

Best Festival Fashion: Looks From Lollapalooza and LouFests Past


Since I've been spending the week sharing outfits to inspire all of you who will be joining me at LouFest, today I thought I'd better show you some of my previous "music festival-approved" outfits!


Pitchfork 2009


pitchfork music festival fashion outfit inspiration maxi skirt

I paired this maxi skirt, styled as a strapless dress with the help of an obi belt, with some floral lace tights and knee-high Minnetonka boots to sneak in to see the Flaming Lips at Pitchfork. What can I say?--I was a poor college kid. Amazingly, the dress and the tights made it over a very large fence unscathed. 


Lollapalooza 2010
lollapalooza festival fashion outfit inspiration lollapalooza festival fashion outfit inspiration lollapalooza festival fashion outfit inspiration
Dresses and shrug: thrifted
Blue flats: Old Navy (old)
Necklaces: gifts

Lolla 2010 was a graduation gift to myself, and my first time seeing several of my all-time favorite bands, including The Strokes, The Arcade Fire, Morning Benders, and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes. I had just moved out to the suburbs and had to take the train into the city, making planning my outfits and bag of essentials, well, essential. I had to make sure any layers I used would protect me from the sun but wouldn't be burdensome in the heat. So for me it was "the festival of the shrug." The shrug ensured my shoulders didn't get crispy. As you can see, I kept the outfit formula very simple all three days: dress + shrug = success. And yes, that's totally a negligee in the first photo. I was 22, okay?! And look at that lace detailing. With a half-slip underneath to keep my lady bits off display, it was actually a very comfortable (and surprisingly conservative) piece to get me through the day.


LouFest 2012
loufest fashion outfit inspiration
Top: Forever 21 (old)
Jeans: Target
Boots: Minnetonka
Socks: gift
Necklace: thrifted

My first LouFest outfit survived rain, mud, humidity and a shower of melted cheese! The dinosaur scale socks are a handmade gift from my mom. I adore them, but for obvious reasons, they don't get a lot of wear to work functions. I thought LouFest was the perfect time to showcase them, so I kept the rest of the outfit monochrome. (The necklace is actually a recent purchase.)

Despite smelling like cheese for the entire Girl Talk set, I can think of few more wonderful times in my life than dancing through Forest Park on the walk back home to Phantogram's "Don't Move."


LouFest 2013 (with bonus shot of my dog, Patch!)

loufest festival fashion outfit inspiration
Muumuu, cummerbund and bangle: thrifted

You may notice this muumuu from yesterday's post, although here it's shown at its full length.




Still planning to attend this year's LouFest celebration? Purchase tickets and view the performance schedule on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...