Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Thrift Finds Road Trip: Vintage Garage Chicago

vintage garage chicago retro secondhand clothes


vintage garage chicago hat display

Most of the vintage items I feature on this blog are found in the St. Louis area, or were purchased while I still lived in Chicago. While I've had tons of fun exploring the Belleville Flea Market and Vintage Market Days here, sometimes you need a road trip!

Last month my mom and I ventured to Vintage Garage Chicago, a monthly indoor/outdoor bazaar--the indoor part being in an actual parking garage in Uptown (upholding my belief that the best secondhand in Chicago is found in my old neighborhood). Vendors offer vintage clothing from all decades, vinyl, mid-century furniture, jewelry and other vintage-inspired goodies (like the compact mirrors below).

It was a great one-stop flea market for shoppers who prefer an even ratio of clothing to knick-knacks. The prices are moderate (at least if you're cheap like me), but the quality of the goods is fantastic. I paid about $25 each for two dresses I bought, and they were vintage, not 90s-passing-as-vintage or old Free People clothing. Most vendors also had their own pop-up dressing room to ensure that items fit, which I appreciate. Check back later this week to see what I snagged!

Shop Vintage Garage Chicago's rockabilly-themed show on July 20, or check out their calendar for other 2014 dates.


vintage garage chicago old photos compact mirror
Photos by Tracey MacLeod of Confessions of a Second-Hand Junkie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...